Bio: SJ Clarke is a multiple Award Winning author of romantic suspense. Mind Over Matter won the 2012 RWA Maggie Award, took a 2nd Place 2012 RTTA finish for Best First Book and was a finalist for the CRWA Award of Excellence for Best Romantic Suspense of 2012. Her upcoming novel, The Missing Time, won The 2012 Golden Claddagh and the 2012 Golden Gateway. SJ sits on the board of directors for The Ontario Writer’s Conference and is a member of Romance Writers of America (RWA), Toronto Romance Writers (RWA), and the Writers’ Community of Durham Region (WCDR.)
Genre: Romantic Suspense with a Paranormal Twist
A mother faces her worst nightmare when she discovers her missing daughter is scheduled to die in mere days.
For three years Rebecca McKenney has been grieving the loss of her daughter. Now, a vision showing Sabrina three years older, suggests her baby is still alive, and the FBI agent who gave up the search is the only one who can help find her. Rebecca once witnessed a psychic connection between Agent Cooper and her daughter. She only hopes their fragile bond remains-and that the coward has the decency to pursue it.
Special Agent Dan Cooper, haunted by a tragic mistake made early in the investigation, agrees to help Rebecca to ease his conscience, if nothing else. Together they fight inner demons, all too real bad guys, and an attraction neither wants to admit to. Each step closer to finding her daughter unearths wide-spread deception and an evil so vile it threatens to break Rebecca’s spirit. The thought of having her daughter back in her arms is all that keeps her going. Until she learns the horrifying truth – her daughter is scheduled to die in mere days.
• Mind Over Matter won the Georgia Romance Writers Published Maggie Award of Excellence contest.
• Mind Over Matter finaled in the Colorado Romance Writers Best Romantic Suspense of 2011 Award of Excellence contest.
• Mind Over Matter won 2nd Place for Best First Book, Published Category, of the 2012 Romance Through The Ages, (RTTA) contest.
• Mind Over Matter received the Top Pick Reviewer’s Award from The Romance Reviews
• Mind Over Matter was nominated for Best Romantic Suspense of 2011 by The Romance Reviews
• The Missing Time: Winner, The 2012 Golden Claddagh, Published category.
• The Missing Time placed 5th overall in the Romantic Suspense category for The 2012 Catherine, a Toronto Romance Writers contest.
Memberships: WCDR, Romance Writers of America, Toronto Romance Writersnbsp;