March’s special RoundTable meeting, the U25 Panel, is fast approaching. Want to meet 5 fabulous authors for the Under 25 age group? Want to hear them discuss writing tips and story craft for all genres? Early Bird registration runs from February 9th to February 28th.
Writescape WCDR U25 Early Registration Prize!
WCDR is proud to announce our latest U25 sponsor, Writescape. Gwynn Scheltema and Ruth Walker have been tremendously supportive of new and aspiring writers, and they wish to encourage you to attend U25 and see all the great things in store.
Register before February 28th for U25 and you could win a fabulous prize from Writescape valued at $550! Winner to be drawn at March RoundTable.
Early Bird U25 Registration Prize
- one free registration in any Writescape workshop at any time in the future. Advance registration is required; registration is transferable. (estimated value up to $150)
- $400 worth of Writescape coaching services, either online or in person or a combination of both. Coaching will be tailored to the needs of the writer and can include the following:
- an editorial review and feedback on works in progress; this would involve a detailed written response focusing on structure and elements of craft for all genres of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, etc.
- consultation on writing career path, markets and submission standards
- general conversation to affirm and support a writer who is exploring creative voice and expression
- a maximum of 8 hours of coaching
Gwynn Scheltema is a professional editor, and award-winning writer and poet. She has been teaching classes and facilitating workshops for over twenty years. Gwynn has loved the power of words and stories since her childhood in Africa. She especially enjoys sharing her love of language with other writers and poets.
Ruth Walker‘s award-winning fiction and poetry has been published in national and international journals and magazines. She is also a professional editor and writer, and her novel Living Underground, published fall 2012, is in its second printing. Ruth has been offering popular writing workshops for over a decade to young adults, adults and seniors.
Gwynn and Ruth formed Writescape in 2008 to create and offer the retreats and workshops they would want to attend: supportive, challenging and focused. Participants have travelled from as far away as New Jersey in the U.S. and the foothills of the Rockies for Writescape retreats. Hundreds of writers have already discovered the benefits of a Writescape workshop: “So glad I came. It was excellent.” “Who knew you could keep the pen moving for so long?” “You were my channel changer!”
Gwynn and Ruth are honoured to support the WCDR U25 program.